Monday, February 8, 2010
Hi. I don't have much to blog about today. I have three daughters ages 4, 6, and 8. I also have a 3 month old son. My two oldest daughters go to an urban school so I will tell you about their experiences. Currently I am a stay at home mom, hopefully until I finish my degree. Kalyn is in the 3rd grade. She makes good grades, is sort of a self starter, independent. While Kylah is also smart, more time must be taken with her. Since they attend an urban school that failed last year, there is a lot of buzz about attending a literacy fair and coming to math night etc. They even provide meals for some of the events. Although I am not a single parent, nor do I work - for a paycheck that is- I still find it hard to attend these events. I want to be supportive and I know that every bit helps yet life is very busy. Now for me, since I am an educated parent it is not a problem for me to take time out and help my kids with subjects they struggle with. I often wonder about those single parents who must work yet they may not know how to help their kids. If it is hard for me to attend just think about those parents. I would like to find another way to reach parents with busy schedules who would like to help their kids but can't find the time to go to the different workshops offered by the schools.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment