Sunday, April 25, 2010
Public School Field Trip
My daughters go to an urban school. They were selected as exceptional readers and were able to go to a Jacksonville Suns baseball game. There were 11 students who were chosen including my two daughters. Four chaperones including myself were allowed to go. I was to oversee my two children, a first grader and a third grader, as well as a second grade boy and a first grade girl. My group was well behaved. There was a fifth grade girl who was sitting behind us spitting and wasting her orange all over the floor. I had to keep turning around and telling her that she is a young lady and should not act that way. To this she just laughed. There was another little girl who kept saying smart things to my kids. I realized all the more that I must be sure to spend time with my children so that they can pick up my character instead of the character of those around them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment